The kitchen is probably one of the most important rooms in every family home, it’s a place where all those family meals and memories are made; a place where the whole family gather. When it comes to choosing the flooring for the kitchen, it is quite a big decision to make, so ‘What is the best flooring for kitchens’?. This really does depend on what you want from your flooring, for instance: Durability, easy to clean, stylish.
Here are the perfect kitchen flooring options:
- Hardwood Flooring – This flooring comes on top if you are looking for a stylish option, hardwood flooring is the more expensive choice but is absolutely gorgeous. I would say a definite must have for a ‘ modern, stylish kitchen’.
Which hard flooring is best for kitchens? – If you do decide to go down the hard flooring option, Oak and Maple are great choices. Both great and won’t break the bank and brilliant durable hardwoods – make sure you choose one that is heavy enough to withstand a lot of foot fall.
- Linoleum– This is a fantastic, popular choice if you are looking for something that is Eco-Friendly. It if offered in three different styles – Sheets, Tiles and Planks. It is incredibly durable and very easy to clean. If you are on a budget but want a flooring that’s not a lot of hard work- this is an excellent choice.
Linoleum is available in various colours/patterns, this is definitely a bonus for hiding those accidental flaws. Linoleum Sheets tend to be the more popular choice, because of how many different colours are available.
- Tile – This is the best option if durability is what you are looking for. Porcelain or Ceramic tiles are a stylish, solid option, also a great choice for sturdiness. Tiles are also amazing are keeping cool in the summer and warm in the winter, making that ‘important’ room comfortable all year round.
- Vinyl – This is a excellent choice if you are looking for good value for money, its affordable and ‘ less- labour intensive’ for a floor expert to install. Vinyl is 100% water proof, which is a bonus for kitchens and those accidental spills. In terms of durability – its fairly durable. The great thing about Vinyl is you can get ‘luxury’ types that look very similar to hardwood flooring. Meaning you can get that ‘stylish’ look even on a budget. Seems like a winner.
(Check out LVT – (higginsflooring.co.uk), for more on Luxury Floor Tiles, and the manufacturer we use)
- Laminate – This option is similar to Vinyl in terms of cost, fitting, durability and even look – mimic the look of real hard wood flooring. Laminate flooring is water- resistant enough for those ‘accidental spills’. The only different between laminate and vinyl is, laminate flooring is sturdier and offers a warmer feel underfoot than vinyl.
There is a lot of flooring options for your kitchen, it can be a little overwhelming, right? After all its a big decision to make, the great news is you are not alone, we are here to help you!. If you have any questions head over to our Q&A or contact us today Contact, even for a friendly chat. The Higgins flooring team would love to hear from you.
For videos of our work, or for some inspiration follow us on TikTok @ Higgins flooring.