How often should you replace your carpet? This is a great question and one so many are curious to know. I wish I could sit here and tell you exactly when your carpet needs changing, but unfortunately you can not predict this. However, I can help you look out for the signs that it’s time for an upgrade.
How long should a carpet last
Typically a modern carpet should last between five and fifteen years. However, how long a carpet lasts depends on many factors, such as: the quality of it’s construction and the amount of foot traffic its undergone.
If you have had your carpet longer than the upper bracket, it could be time to think of a change.
Signs your carpet needs replacing
How often should you replace your carpet? – there are many signs your carpet will display, that will show you its ready to be upgraded. For instance:
- Are there threadbare areas – If there’s too much wear and tear, then the carpet has met the end.
- Are there tough stains that are persistent – If you’ve cleaned your carpet over and over and the stains are still there. (Carpet cleaning is expensive)
- Do strong odours linger, even after deep cleaning – They may have penetrate the fibres and padding beneath.
- Has the carpet faded – If you carpet is in a bright room with direct sunlight, this will cause it to eventually fade. The carpet itself maybe in fine condition, but from an aesthetics point you may want to change.
- Did the carpet pile once stand and is now flat – This can happen through general wear and tear.
- Increase in allergy problems – People with breathing issues such as asthma and COPD need asthma and allergic friendly carpets in their homes.
- Needing an update – Trends change and so may your taste, even if the carpet is in ok condition being on trend could be enough.
- Is there mold and mildew – If your home has a high-moisture content, your carpet can be susceptible to mold and mildew. Wet carpet can host many issues.
If you can answer ‘yes’ to any of these, then its time for you to think about replacing your carpet.
What carpet to choose
Now you know the signs of when to replace your carpet, you could be faced with the dilemma of choosing which carpet to go for. Do not panic, we have covered this for you as well, have a read of What is the best carpet?
If you are still confused and would like a chat with a floor layer professional, then look no further. Here at Higgins Flooring, we have a exceptional team on hand ready to help you!
Higgins Flooring is a premium company, putting the customer at the heart of all we do. We pride ourselves on the outstanding reviews and recommendations we receive. Check out our Facebook. We use high quality carpets from high end suppliers like Brockway Carpets. If you think we could help you, then please get in Contact