Are you looking to give your bathroom a revamp and want to know what bathroom flooring options are out there?
For you, you have stumbles across the perfect blog. Here we are going to look at many different flooring options suitable for a bathroom, alongside there pros’ and cons’.
Like every other room in the house, there are things you need to consider before you pick out your new floor choice.
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE PICKING YOUR NEW BATHING FLOORING OPTION
- Can the new flooring go straight over the top of the existing, or will that need to be removed? – You will need to determine if your new floor can be insulted over the top of your existing flooring. Any professional floor company will be able to help with this.
- Your toilet and sink may need to be removed – Unfortunately, you can’t always instore a new floor around a toilet or sink. You will need to discuss with your flooring professionals to see if a plumber is required.
- You will need to pick a flooring that is water proof – Obviously, in bathrooms you flooring with get wet. You need to make sure you pick a floor that does not get damaged by water spills.
DIFFERENT BATHROOM FLOORING OPTIONS
- Linoleum – This flooring is best known for it’s use in bathrooms. Linoleum has many PROS’: Very Affordable, Durable, Waterproof and can be installed over an existing sheet vinyl floor. Just like everything Linoleum flooring does also have some CONS’: Sheet Vinyl was very popular, and still is in older home, however is quickly going out of fashion, resulting to reduced stock. You can also end up with a lot of product waste.
- Ceramic or Porcelain Tile – A very popular choice for bathroom flooring. Available in various shapes, sizes and colours tiles are a fab choice of flooring for the bathroom. PROS’: Tiles are cost effective, and water proof. They are great for a floor that radiant heat. CONS’: There are of course some cons’ to tiled flooring, for instance: They can be cold on your feet, and depending on the tile, slippery.
- Luxury Vinyl Tiles – The flooring that is the fastest growing in the flooring market place, but why? PROS’: Cost effective and can be installed over many existing floors. Waterproof, warmer on your feet and a very popular choice in todays market. CONS’ The sub – floors need to be smooth.
Higgins Flooring is now a premium company. We have build up many years of experience and knowledge. We have made it to a premium company because we have used our skills to our advantage and build up a wonderful rapport, leading to fantastic loyal customers and word of mouth.
Here at Higgins flooring, we are a team, a family; our customers are part of that.We value our customers, and are at the furthest point away from being pushy sales people. We guild, but our customers are in full control.
If you are looking for a new floor for you bathroom and would like some professional guidance, we would love to help you! Please get in Contact for a free no – obligation chat!
To find out more about the work we do, check out our Instagram, why not hit that follow button while you’re there.